6th Grade Number Sense & 8th Grade Math Intervention
School Year 2017-2018
Mrs. Koop’s Class
Class Expectations and Rule
As a student at Edna Junior High School, you are expected to follow the 5 P’s. Every student will be:
In addition, students are expected to adhere to Mrs. Koop’s class rules:
- Be on time.
- Respect the teacher, your peers and yourself.
- Bring all necessary materials to class daily.
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Electronic devices should be put away, unless otherwise instructed by Mrs. Koop. No exceptions.
You are expected to come to class prepared every day with:
- Composition/Spiral Notebook
- High lighters
You may take composition/spiral notebook home when instructed. Otherwise it will be stored in class period bin.
Discipline and Other Policies
- First offense – Verbal warning.
- Second offense – Student will complete a “Behavior Think Sheet”.
- Third offense – A parent will be contacted.
- Fourth offense – Office referral.
For major discipline problems (fighting, cursing, major disrespect, or anything else Mrs. Koop sees as a major discipline problem) students will be sent straight to the office.
*Any discipline problems with a substitute will result in immediate action by the substitute teacher.
Campus policy will be enforced as stated in Edna Jr. High Student Handbook
- Daily grades will count as 50% of the 6 weeks grade.
- Major work will count as 50% of the 6 weeks grade.
Work must be turned in on time. If an assignment is turned in late, points will be deducted. Some assignments may not be
accepted late, but Mrs. Koop will notify ahead of time.
ALWAYS CHECK THE “ABSENT” CLASS PERIOD FOLDER WHEN YOU RETURN FROM BEING ABSENT. Students have the number of days absent from class to complete and turn in assignments.
Example: If the student is absent for one day, the student will be expected to turn in assignments on the following day that they are present in class.
It is the STUDENT’s responsibility to check with Mrs. Koop and in the ABSENT Class period folder for missed work.
Contacting the Teacher
Student signature: _______________________________________________________________
Parent signature: ________________________________________________________________