6 Week Paper
- Due at the end of every 6 weeks
- 5-7 pages typed, single sided, double-spaced, 11 pt Calibri font
- Minimum of 5 sources to be used.
- Formatted in MLA format
- Graded according to English Dept. Rubric
- Topic selected by 1st day of 6 week period - no changes accepted after topic selection
- Fridays given to work on paper.
- Drafts due by end of week 3/6.
- papers may be submitted in paper format or emailed to Mr. Wallace at email@example.com
Article Review and Discussion
- Students will be put into pairs or groups by Mr. Wallace, totaling 5 pairs/groups
- Each group will be responsible for leading discussion, per Mr. Wallace's modeling, in class for 10-15 minutes immediately following the bell.
- Each group will submit a summary and evaluation of the article to Mr. Wallace at the beginning of class before discussion commences.
- Article review to be: 1 page, double spaced, 11 pt. Calibri font.
- No need to use additional sources. Attach a copy of the article to the review.
- Students should focus on asking 3-5 open-ended questions to prompt discussion. Students will be expected to engage.
- Students NOT leading discussion should plan to be actively engaged in the discussion. Mr. Wallace will monitor discussion participation as part of a daily grade.
- Additional homework will be discussed as it is handed out.
- Copies of blank homework and/or rubrics will be available on this website under the day that it was assigned. Mr. Wallace is not responsible for lost homework.
- Due dates will be listed on the calendar.