A district shall ensure that all children residing within the district who have disabilities, regardless of the severity of their disabilities, and who are in need of special education and related servies are identiifed, located, and evaluated. This requirement applies to:
1. Homeless children;
2. Children who are wards of the state;
3. Children attending private schools;
4. Highly mobile children (including migrant children); and
5. Children who are suspected of being in need of special education but who are advancing from grade to grade.
If a parent submits a written request to a district's director of special education services or to a district administrative employee for a full individual and initial evaluation of a student, the district shall, not later than the 15th school day after the date the district receives the request:
1. Provide the parent with prior written notice of its proposal to conducat an evaluation consistent with 34 C.F.R. 300.503, a copy of the procedural safeguards notice required by 34 CFR 300.504, and an opportunity to give written consent for the evaluation; OR
2. Provide the parent with prior written notice of its refusal to conduct an evaluation consistent with 34 C.F.R. 300.503 and a copy of the procedural safeguards notice required by 34 CFR 300.504.
§504 Child Find Notice
Pursuant to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the District has a duty to identify, refer, evaluate and if eligible, provide a free, appropriate public education to disabled students. For additional information about the rights of parents of eligible children, or for answers to anyquestions you might have about identification, evaluation and placement into Section 504 programs, please contact the Section 504 Campus Coordinator/School counselor at 361-782-2953 or by mail at 400 Apollo, Edna, Texas 77957.
Aviso Sobre La Identificación de Estudiantes Incapacitados bajo la Seccion 504 Bajo la Seccion 504 del Decreto de Rehabilitación de 1973, el Distrito Escolar esta obligado a identific referir, evaluar, y proporcionar servicios educativos apropriados y gratuitos a estudiantes incapacitados califican para recibir servicios bajo esta ley. Si usted desea mas información sobre los derechos de padr niños incapacitados, o si tiene preguntas sobre la identificación, evaluación, y colocación de niños en el programa de Seccion 504, favor de ponerse in contacto con el Coordinador de 504 del Campus al numero 361-782-2953, o por correo a la siguiente dirección: 400 Apollo, Edna, Texas 77957.